Friday, November 17, 2023 8:49PM
HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) — Houston fire crews were working to put out a fire at a Montrose-area building Friday morning.
ABC13 cameras captured firefighters hosing down the building along Kipling at Hazard Street at about 9 a.m.
A Houston fire chief could not go on camera but did confirm to ABC13 that it appears a gas line was hit by a construction crew. He said firefighters are trying to locate a spot where they can safely shut the gas off.
One neighbor reported hearing loud burning sounds and seeing sparks on what she described as electricity wires.
Crews were said to be keeping plenty of water in the area to prevent the fire from spreading to other buildings.
It is still unclear if anyone was hurt.
For news updates, follow Charly Edsitty on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Copyright © 2023 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.