A home hearth in Brooklyn, New York, that killed three generations of the identical household was attributable to a lithium-ion battery, in keeping with the FDNY.
Albertha West, 81, her son, Michael West, 58 and her grandson, 33-year-old Jamiyl West, have been all pronounced useless on Sunday 12 November, because of the incident.
Tons of of firefighters responded to the blaze, which broke out at a three-storey residence in Crown Heights.
FDNY commissioner Laura Kavanagh mentioned 17 folks have been killed in fires attributable to lithium-ion batteries in 2023.
The batteries, vulnerable to overheating, are sometimes present in e-bikes and electrical scooters.